Jain sanskar shivir is a 10 day program organized in associations with local jain shabhas each year during the summer vacation time in the month of June. These shivirs are completely free of cost to the participants but it cost some to local jain shabha. Modern teaching methodologies are used to guide students. Need based free transportation is provided to ensure comfort and convenience to the children. The program is designed as 20 Hrs module with balanced content focused on development of religious practices and moral education. The salient features of this shivir are:
1. These shivirs are completely free of cost to the participants.
2. Professionally managed setup to ensure total security, comfort and attention to each child.
3. Modern teaching methodologies are used to guide students.
4. Need based free transportation is provided to ensure comfort and convenience to the children.
5. Well designed books, teaching material and carefully crafted curriculum to engage children
6. Motivation to children through useful and attractive gifts
7. Well trained teachers to facilitate excellent learning opportunity to all children
8. Daily refreshments are provided at each centre
The broad objectives of the shivirs are as follows:
1. Development of right conduct and social behavior among children
2. Inculcation of moral values and standards
3. Providing scientific and logical understanding of the religious practices
4. Promoting physical hygiene, mindfulness and emotional intelligence
5. Allowing participants to have reflective mind
These shivirs are organized as social learning seminar wherein facilitators from the local community come and share their perspective, learning and life experience with the participants. Participants are encouraged to learn basic sutras of Jainism, discuss about the tatv gyan and enjoy the kavya path at the shivirs. The curriculum has been designed according to the age group of the participants so that children enjoy the learning. Learning environment is extremely conducive for understanding the practical aspects of each tenet as taught by Lord Mahavir. Entire course has been categorized into sutra path, kavya path, tatv gyan and katha path. All shivirs are completely free of cost including facility for need based transportation.
All the material like books, copies, pen, bag etc which may be required during the shivirs is provided to the students. These shivirs are organized in the month of June each year during summer vacations of children. Shivir duration is approx 2.0 Hrs daily with 10 minutes of refreshment break. Healthy snack options are offered to children during the refreshment break.
Each class has an optimal teacher to student ratio of 1:20. Multimedia technology is used to engage students wherever possible. A projector class is a much awaited class by all the students wherein basic teachings of Jain dharm are taught through the medium of cartoon films, stories and presentations. Regular assessments are done to track the progress of students. Attractive gifts are given to motivate students. Focus is on development of behaviors which are desirable from a Good Child. Focus is kept on holistic education of the children.